So, Swoosieque of Cancer Isn’t Pink has nominated me for a Liebster Award. No, I don’t know who Liebster is, or exactly why s/he’s giving out awards, but I’m honored all the same. At least someone is reading this mess I haphazardly put up from time to time.
The rules are simple enough:
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Of course, this means finding 10 blogs to nominate. I must admit that I’m only recently back in the blogosphere. Back in the day, I had a blog with lots (for me) of followers, and a whole network of blogs I would read each day. But then a relative got offended at something I said, and didn’t talk to me for a number of years. Only when “the cancer” came did they try to reestablish a relationship. Anyway, I pretty much connect on Facebook these days, and don’t read blogs.
Also, it means thinking up 10 interesting questions to ask. I will likely recycle some of the excellent questions I was asked, or some of the ones Swoosieque was asked…
So, here are Swoosieque’s questions for me:
1) Who is your favorite superhero/heroine?
He’s not *technically* a superhero, but I’m gonna have to go with The Doctor, you know, Doctor Who…
2) Are you a dog or a cat person?
I like both, and have had both. I’m not allowed pets where I live currently, so I don’t have either right now. Someday, I’d like to live where I can have a cat, as they are more self-sufficient and easier to care for.
3) Are you a healthy eater?
Probably not. These days, I’m on the “poor people diet”, so I basically eat whatever’s at hand. “Healthy” is relative when it comes to eating, I think, and I try to eat mindfully.
4) Have you ever subscribed to a printed newspaper?
Subscribed, no, but I used to get the Sunday paper every week. I had to stop when the world started making me crazy.
5) How often do you go shopping during a week?
Once or twice. I live on the third floor, and my core muscles are still not what they used to be, so I only get what I can carry up the stairs.
6) Do you have a favorite cable news channel, if so, what is it?
I haven’t had cable in about 18 years. If I could have one cable channel, it would be BBC America. They do news, don’t they?
7) Will you plant a vegetable garden this year?
Unfortunately, in a 3rd-floor apartment, there is little room for growing veggies. And I have the most brown of thumbs. Giving me a houseplant is cruel and unusual punishment–for the plant.
8) Who is your favorite author?
Favorite to read: Diana Gabaldon. I’ve read her Outlander series multiple times, and it never gets old. Those characters are like old friends by now.
Favorite to work for (I design book covers): Hallee Bridgeman. She’s prolific, so I always have something cooking, and she and her husband Gregg are a joy to work with.
9) How often do you update your blog?
Not often enough. I had started out with the idea that I would completely chronicle this journey, detailing each new step. But that just hasn’t happened. I may be too used to the snappy updates on Facebook, but life just seems to get in the way.
10)Do you take photographs more often from a camera or from your smartphone?
Part of my “thing” as a graphic designer is being a bit of a photographer, so I have fairly nice equipment, not up to the level that I’d like, but nice and it gets the job done. My iPhone takes lovely photos, much better than I’d anticipated. I used to lug the big camera around anywhere I thought there might be photo ops, but rely more on the phone these days. Short answer: depends on the purpose of the shoot.
My nominations, in no particular order:
8. The Table
Now, on to my questions:
1. If you could vacation anywhere in the world, and money was not an issue, where would you go and why?
2. If you had a time machine, and could go to any time, past, present, or future, when would you go and why?
3. Do you have any phobias?
4. Who is your favorite author?
5. Who is your favorite artist?
6. Where is your favorite place to spend time with friends?
7. What makes you weep with laughter?
8. What is the first thing that you notice about someone that makes you want to know them better?
9. What skill that you lack, do you most wish you had?
10. Do you like to cook, and is there a favorite dish you like to make?